High Voltage Padmount Transformer (HVPT)
A High Voltage Padmount Transformer (HVPT) Substation is a unique option for providing customers with new high voltage services and service upgrades. Used in residential, commercial, and industrial settings, an HVPT Substation replaces traditional overhead high voltage substations. Over the past 15 years, over 110 HVPT stations have been installed in Manitoba.
Benefits of a HVPT Station:
- Capital cost savings of up to 50% when compared a conventional substation.
- Up to 75% smaller than a traditional substation, due to less land size required and no required fencing or ancillary products.
- Aesthetically pleasing, clean, metal boxes with all ground wires and connections locked inside.
- Tamper resistant enclosure to ANSI C57.12.28 standards. The grounding designs exceed the requirements of IEEE 80. This design ensures public safety without the need for fencing.
- Installation lead time of 8-12 months compared to 24 months for a traditional substation.
- Virtually maintenance free, only requires condition monitoring.
- Fits onto a trailer and ships completely assembled to your site. Installation takes 1-2 hours and the HVPT station can be moved from site to site as needed.
- Eco-friendly — due to the lower carbon footprint required and less oil (soy based Envirotemp FR3 oil).
Traditional Substation Compared to an HVPT