HVDC & Renewables
Manitoba is known as the hydroelectric province of Canada, with about 95 per cent of its electricity generated from clean, renewable water.
We have devoted years to the development and understanding of models and simulations. Our knowledge and experience have made us experts in this field. We have specialized in doubly-fed induction generator (DFIG) models and wind farm simulations. Our models have been recognized as the industry standard for sub-synchronous resonance (SSR) and sub-synchronous control interaction (SSCI) screening.
We offer our clients an array of solutions in the following areas:
- System integration/impact studies (wind and solar);
- SSR investigation;
- FACTs and synchronous condenser based solutions for performance improvement;
- Collector system design, over voltage, and harmonic analysis;
- Wind system custom equipment model development;
- HVDC planning and feasibility studies;
- Simulation models for both Line Commutated Converter (LCC) and Voltage Source Converter (VSC) topologies including the modern modular multi-level converters (MMC-VSC);
- AC/DC system interaction;
- Control interactions;
- Filter design;
- Ground electrode design.