Whether for business, education, or network expansion, a stable, robust, and scalable colocation environment is key to a broad continuity plan. MHT leases cabinets to clients on a monthly basis to meet this need. Off-site datacentre space should be an integral component to your organization's network solution. Ask for a tour of the 360 Portage Datacentre where many local carriers and ISPs are located.
Radio Tower Colocation
- 50 connected towers around the province, 40 non-connected towers;
- As high as 350 feet, as low as a wood pole. Located at select Manitoba Hydro facilities.
Datacentre Colocation — Essentials
- 360 Portage Avenue is a LEED® Platinum certified facility.
- 100% uptime since operations began in 2010.
- 2 physically diverse substations with an auto switch for transitioning.
- 95 kV per feed.
- Step down transformer at 360 Portage Avenue.
- Diesel generator with 3 1,170-litre tanks in diverse locations.
- UPS to handle transition to generator.
- 4 standalone Leibert AC units in the space; 2 7.5-tonne and 2 10-tonne units.
- AC is vented to a separate cooling tower system on the roof.
- AC units are serviced monthly with no interruptions to the cooling system.
- The Leiberts are shut down individually when serviced.
- The air is recirculated in the building and filtered with Merv 8 Filters on the Leiberts.
- Staff receives an alert when there is a temperature alarm.
- Security personnel only allow access to pre-authorized individuals on a 24/7 basis.
- Unauthorized personnel may only enter, if escorted by an authorized person.
- The MHT point of presence is located in a secured cage.
- A wall-mounted telephone is located in the datacentre for customer personnel.
- A washroom facility is located on the 24th floor outside of the datacentre space.
- There is video surveillance onsite.
- Personal Risk Assessments are required for unescorted access.
For more information, visit mht.mb.ca.