We offer stator bar and coil accelerated ageing, diagnostic tests, and failure mode analysis for machines up to 500 MW to:
- IEEE Std 1310 thermal cycling;
- IEEE Std 522 surge test on turn insulation with 100 ns to 200 ns rise time;
- IEEE Std 286 dissipation factor (Tan δ) and tip-up;
- IEEE Std 1434 partial discharge;
- IEEE Std 1043 & IEEE Std 1553 voltage endurance.
Corona and RIV tests on insulators and line hardware for applications up to 500 kVac and 500 kVdc to CSA C83, CSA C108, and IEC 61854.
Qualification and re-certification tests on vehicle-mounted aerial devices for live-line work up to 500 kVac and 500 kVdc to CSA C225, ANSI A92.2.
- Switching impulse;
- Double-rated 50/60 Hz voltage (HVAC applications);
- Double-rated direct voltage (HVDC applications).
Tests on instrument transformers up to 500 kVac to CSA C60044-1, -2, -5, IEEE Std C57 13:
- Lightning full wave impulse and chopped wave up to 2,200 kV and swilohing impulse up to 1,300 kV;
- 50/60 Hz applied over voltage for current transformers and capacitor voltage transformers up to 800 kV for PD and 600 kV for Tan δ;
- Induced overvoltage up to 200 Hz for inductive voltage transformers with PD measurements;
- 50/60 Hz excitation current for inductive voltage transfo1mers. Saturation measurements for current transformers.
Tests on apparatus bushings and wall bushings up to 500 kVac & 500 kVdc (oil-paper & composite) to CSA C88.1, IEEE Std C57.19, IEC/IEEE Std 65700-19-03, IEC 60137:
- Lightning full wave impulse and chopped wave up to 2,200 kV and switching impulse up to 1,300 kV;
- 50/60 Hz applied overvoltage for transformer and wall bushings up to 800 kV for PD and 600 kV for Tan δ;
- Applied direct voltage up to 1,200 kV with PO measurements, polarity reversal ≤2 minutes;
Tests on power transformers up to 500 kVac or 500 kVdc, 300 MVA 3-ph or 400 MVA 1-ph and 375 tonnes full assembled (rail access) to CSA C88, IEEE Std C57 12.90, IEEE Std C57 113, IEC 60076:
- No load loss, load loss, and temperature rise;
- Lightning full wave impulse, chopped wave, and switching impulse;
- Induced overvoltage at 180 Hz with PO measurements:
- Applied direct voltage to valve winding (if any) with PD measurements. polarity reversal ≤2 minutes.